Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Engle Dinner

The other night Paul and I were invited to dinner with Robert Engle, who won the Nobel Prize for Economics a few years ago. I'm not sure we would have been among those invited for this particular event (it was Engle's first night in Moscow and only his wife and the Rector of NES were in attendance other than us), but it turns out Engle is big into ice skating, so between us I guess Paul (American economist) and I (former skater) seemed reasonably well-suited to keep up the conversation. I'm not sure we came through on this end, but it was neat to get to spend some time with Engle and his wife - and the food at Pushkin was amazing!

Paul and Engle; Engle competing at U.S. Adult Nationals in ice dancing!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Where was Arturo during our night out, you ask? At our apartment, with his Russian sitter, Yulia!