Monday, November 1, 2010

Visitors!

We were so excited to have Nate and Kris, two of Paul's friends from college, visit us last week. Shamefully, I didn't take a single picture while they were here (or at least I didn't take any with my own camera). However, they did a great job of documenting their visit, and we're so glad they agreed to share their photos with us.

Nate, Kris and Paul, looking a little soggy on a rainy Moscow evening.


Paul and Kris with St. Basil's Cathedral in the background (and a nicely placed McDonalds sign); Nate and Paul on the Moscow River, overlooking the Kremlin; Nate and Kris at Statue Park


Nate at the Kremlin; Kris at Novodevichy Convent; Nate, me, Paul and Turo in front of Moscow State University (one of Stalin's "Seven Sisters" buildings)


I'm not sure whether Nate or Kris took these pictures of Red Square and the Arbat, but I think they're perfect.


Arturo spent a lot of time showing his books (and other things) to Nate and Kris. A LOT OF TIME. They, of course, were a gracious audience, and they also provided ample entertainment for the little guy during their stay. Below are a couple of photos I love, because they're perfectly "Turo." He often convinces someone (in this case Nate) to read to him, but as soon as the person obliges, he heads off to do something unrelated and/or ridiculous. For example, in the second photo here, he has abandoned Nate to try to climb a completely smooth, vertical wall!


The "Russian" dinner Paul made for Kris and Nate on their first night in Moscow (potato dumplings with sour cream, sausages in pancakes and a tomato+cucumber salad); Kris and Paul eating street dogs; Kris and Nate at a bar in Kitai Gorod


The Fam at Novodevichy Convent


A great shot of Turo and Kris; here I'm twirling Turo until we both almost pass-out, as we wait for the others to peruse a star-studded graveyard (note: do not take 18 month old to a huge, fancy graveyard, full of flowers and knickknacks carefully placed for the deceased); Arturo, waiting semi-patiently near another stop on the Moscow tour


I knew Paul had a dramatic side, but I had no idea that Kris and Nate were such thespians. Check out the theater kids...

Kris and Nate, playing it up at the Cosmonautics Memorial Museum


Nate mocking the bear at Guriya, a Georgian restaurant; Nate and Paul, appearing more inspired than the locals, at a CSKA ("Red Army") ice hockey game; Kris, feeling the drama of revolution

1 comment:

CC Hurchman. said...

This looks like a lot of fun! Those pancake wrapped sausages look great. I love you guy's blog.