Things have been busy here lately. Paul is teaching this term, and he also has several research papers in the works that are requiring long hours in preparation for conferences and journal submissions. I am wrapping-up the project I have been working on (part-time) for the last year and a half, and I'm excited to finally be getting some time to work on my Russian (Paul's is pretty good, but I've been a lot slower in picking up the language). Arturo is doing great, loving the spring and enjoying the opportunity to spend more time toddling outside, exploring our neighborhood and its many playgrounds. We're also gearing up for a big summer - in Alaska! I'll be working in Fairbanks for a few months, so we're really excited to get back up there.
In addition to the above, we had Arturo's birthday parties last week. That's right, parties, plural! We couldn't figure out a date that suited everyone who wanted to celebrate with us, so we decided to have two parties. Artushka (like our newest nickname?) could not have been happier. He loves being around other kids, no matter what the age, and his happiest days are those spent playing with them for long stretches, whether at home or on the playground.
Here are some party pics:
Lilia and Arturo; Arturo, me and cake #2; Maxim and Sergei
Maxim and Arturo; Anna, Arturo and Katya; Roman
Misha and Andre; Misha, Andrushka and Sasha; Nikita, Arturo and Sasha
No comments:
Post a Comment