If you follow the news, you might have heard that there were two bombings on the Moscow Metro (subway) this morning. There are about 180 stops in the (beautiful and tremendously well-developed) Metro system, and it just so happens that the first bombing was at Лубянка (Lubyanka) Station, the one I use when I go into work. Luckily, I often work from home, and I wasn't commuting this morning during the rush-hour blast.
The other station that was hit, Парк культуры (Park Kultury), is one that we very frequently use. I am supposed to pass through there tomorrow, almost precisely at the time of today's blast, on the way to my language lesson. I will have to see if metro travel (or travel through that station) is possible or advisable tomorrow. Paul walks to/from work, and luckily he didn't have any special meetings elsewhere this morning that called for him to use the Metro.
Glad to report that we're fine, but a very sad day for Moscow and Russia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so glad everyone is safe. blessed. dinyll and i awoke this morning to the sounds of firefighters yelling and a saw cutting through metal. there was a fire on our floor on the other side of the building. everything cool.
Patrick - YIKES! Glad to hear you're all fine. Give little MV and the Khatter hugs for me!
Wow guys! I hadn't heard this yet, but I'm glad to hear that you guys are fine.
Post a Comment