Sunday, January 18, 2009

More From The Holidays

Sonja was eventually able to complete her Fairbanks to San Francisco drive and seems to have enjoyed both the trip and her 3 days held up in Seattle with Danielle. I'm also happy to report that she arrived back in Moscow yesterday and had a comfortable trip (despite one of her suitcases getting delayed in Frankfurt).

We're still working on collecting holiday pictures from those we visited (we forgot to take our camera with us for most of the trip). We sadly didn't get pictures from our time with Sonja's childhood friends, Jenny, Lysa and Diana and their families and also failed to get any with my cousin Dave and his girlfriend Mee, who came up to visit us during our time in Lake Arrowhead. At any rate, our friend Jazzmine came with us to Las Vegas and did get some shots of our time there, which you can see below. Included are pictures with our friend Thomas, who also met up with us there, as well as friends (and LV residents) Elena and Mike and family.



Elena, Elijah, Mike and Bruce Wayne (the Great Dane)



At the Las Vegas Springs Preserve - an eco park Elena and Mike took us to, and a nice break from the strip. (L-R: Thomas, Jazzmine, Elijah, me, Christian, Elena, Mike)



Thomas and Elijah making a mess at the Preserve gift shop



Sonja and belly resting on the gift shop turtle



Jazzmine (Danielle's 17 year old niece) playing the slots. Note: Jazzmine didn't get carded at any of the casinos, while both Thomas and I definitely did.

1 comment:

Boogaloo said...

I'm so sad we didn't get any pictures. I guess I'll have to photoshop one up! Glad to hear Sonya finally made it home. I LOVED the irony of Seattle being the most treacherous part of the trip.