
I've never been a big fan of competition in general, of rivalry between countries or individuals, or of medal counts, etc., but I LOVE watching amazing athletes perform feats of unbelievable skill and difficulty, no matter what the sport, and for this reason I LOVE the Olympics. This year, I'm feeling extra lucky because tv stations outside of the US tend to cover sports in a much more comprehensive way (at least in terms of showing more sport and less in the way of dramatized features), and Russia is no exception.
Of course, I'm not sure how cooperative Arturo is going to be in letting me plant myself in front of the tv for two weeks. Though there was a period during which he seemed to think tv was great, he's presently not much of a fan at all and would really rather be doing anything other than watching it. This usually suits us well, but I wouldn't mind if he developed a two-weeks-every-other-year obsession with tv that happened to coincide with coverage of the Summer and Winter Olympics.
Speaking of the Olympics, what did everyone think of the opening ceremonies? Looked pretty impressive to us, even on our tiny screen. Of course, any show that includes the Royal Canadian Mounties can't be too shabby.
No comments:
Post a Comment