Crossing Lake Baikal, taking turns shuttling Arturo.
We're just back from an amazing week in Irkutsk and on Lake Baikal. We're pretty tired, and the 5 hour time change isn't helping. Plus a certain little someone will be celebrating his first birthday tomorrow, so we're trying to gear-up for that, but I thought I'd at least try to put up a few pictures and get the story started.
What took us to Siberia this time of year, aside from the obvious appeal of witnessing the awesome winter there? Paul was invited to present his work in Irkutsk, in Eastern Siberia. After the conference, a bunch of economics and math professors (plus Arturo and I) took a trip to Lake Baikal for a long, fun weekend.
Paul looking very knowledgeable - and very dapper!

Arturo, feeling right at home with his new friends.


More around the Baikal cabin

The Lake
2 comments:
Looks cold there!
Wish Arturo a big Happy 1st Birthday from his auntie :).
Happy Birthday Arturo!
Looks like a great time albeit a bit cold.
Hugs to all of you!
Post a Comment